- Basic Sciences & Related Studies
- City & Regional Planning
- Computer Systems
- Metallurgy & Materials
Electronic Engineering is an increasingly important engineering discipline that significantly affects the other disciplines of engineering. It is in great demand in both developed and developing nations. Continual advances in electronic engineering in the areas of materials, processes, devices, and circuits have been leading to rapid advances, in the existing applications of engineering as well as in the emergence of new applications. To harness the full potential of electronic engineering developments and further advance the state of electronic technology, it is important to have strong programmes to educate and train individuals in this key discipline of engineering.
Electronic Engineering artifacts play major role in the evolution of mankind and culture. Today, the Electronic Engineering profession and the education of engineers are challenged by the rapidly changing nature of those engineering systems which determine what is meant by ‘modern technology’. The advent of Microprocessor Technology has probably made Electronic Engineering the examplary technology of this century, along with emergence of new species, with higher levels of integration. The existing and potential uses and applications of Electronics are multitudinous. Indeed it is difficult to point to any industrial or commercial area which may not eventually be affected by this technology.
The Department of Electronic Engineering offers degrees at undergraduate and postgraduate level equally. It offers:
- B.E. (Electronic Engineering)
- M.E. (Telecommunication & Control Engineering) under the umbrella of Institute of Information & Communication Technologies.
- M.E. (Communication Systems & Networks) under the umbrella of Institute of Information & Communication Technologies.
- M.E. (Information Technology) under the umbrella of Institute of Institute of Information & Communication Technologies.
It fulfills the more acute need of the development of the country by producing more qualified Engineers at undergraduate & postgradaute levels. The programmes offered provide technical manpower for the development and production of the Electronic Engineering in the country to provide qualified human resources as engineers and technology experts to develop indigenous capability of planning, designing and executing various projects in Electronic Engineering.
The field of Electronic Engineering encompasses the knowledge of electronic circuits & devices and their applications. The students learn variety of subjects of diverse fields including, Microprocessors & Interfacing, Automation and Robotics, Analog & Digital Communication, Optoelectronics, Wired & Wireless Communications, Signal Processing, Industrial Electronics, Integrated Electronics, Artificial Neural Networks, Instrumentation & Control, Embedded System, Telecommunication System Design & Applications, Sequential Circuit Design, Laser & Fiber Optics, Microwave Engineering, Electromagnetic Waves & Radiating System, Computer Communication & Networking.
The courses taught are regularly updated to keep abreast of new knowledge and development. The students also undertake a project during their final year, which helps them to enhance their capabilities as young design engineers. The department is also equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories such as:
- Electronics Engineering Laboratory
- Telecommunication Engineering Laboratory
- Control Engineering Laboratory
- Biomedical Engineering Laboratory-I & II
- Digital Electronics & Microprocessors Laboratory
- Advanced Computer Laboratory
- Advanced Telecommunication & Telematics Laboratory
- Interactive Cyber & Networking Laboratory
- Top Quality Centralized Instrumentation Laboratory-I & II
- Project Laboratory/PC Repair Shop
These laboratories are well equipped with latest equipment ranging from basic electronic devices, simulators and trainers to more advanced telecommunications trainers, such as Microwave & Antenna trainers. Excellent course work and due practical experience, provide ample job opportunities to our graduates in both public and private sector organizations, national & multinational companies. There is a huge job market of Electronic Engineers in Middle East, Europe, USA and Canada.
On behalf of our quality work and intention towards developing industrial interaction a “Top Quality Centralized Instrumentation Center (TQCIC)” has been established in our department. The aims & objectives of TQCIC are as follows:
- To develop interaction between industries and the university.
- To design & develop instruments with cost effectiveness.
- To provide the cost effective Hi-Tech solutions & modernize the existing Instrumentation in our industry & educational institutions.
- To provide consultancy in the areas of Industrial Automation & Control, Communication & Electronics.
- To provide the trainings in the areas of Instrumentation, PLCs, PID Controllers, PCB Designing & Fabrication & Advanced Simulation Softwares.
- To provide the services & solutions in Industrial Electronics equipments.
Frequent visits to industries are also organized by the department to acquaint students with practical environment. Specifically internship program is launched in collaboration with local industry during summer break for third year and final year students. In addition to that, students are also encouraged to participate in Seminars, Conferences and Software Competitions, such as IEEEP student seminar, A.Q. Khan Software at national level software competition held annually on and around campus. The department has centrally air-conditioned seminar library named after the late Professor M.D. Makhdoom.